A photograph or painting will be posted each weekday to inspire your creativity. Each day has a suggested format. Please take a moment to share your creative writing or thoughts about the photograph or painting. Remember to visit our sharing photographers. Inspiration is all around us through words, thoughts and images. Just take a look :) Thank you!


©All Rights Reserved to the Individual Contributors to this blog. Please contact Kelly with any questions.

May 2, 2010

Mondays Meme

Dina, your contribution touched my heart....

Surrounded by foreign air
Homesick-
serving my country,
but too young to understand
what that meant in all its heavy.
I had to ring at least ten, eleven numbers
just to try to find your voice.
Sequence for proper phone function
differed in each country
and I never could keep them straight
Pockets stuffed with random calling cards
bearing information I could not translate
The time between pressing over others’ dirty fingerprints
and some sort of ringing connection
was always just long enough to make me
almost give up hope.


Visit Lly Dilettante at Snap Art Poem to see her beautiful photos.

2 comments:

Dani said...

My memories of using a public phone?

The school phone that I threw up all over while attempting to call my mother to come pick me up because I felt sick.

The coin-operated phone I used during a school club activity out of the local area. I felt so panicky trying to figure out how to make the thing work and then when I did the lady's voice freaked me out when she told me how much longer I had to talk. My time was limited and it had never happened to me before!

How much use to these things get anymore anyway? With cell phones and all, they probably are fading out quickly... sad day! I hope they're still around for my kids to use at times like these! I'm not a fan of kids with cell phones.

Dina said...

Surrounded by foreign air
Homesick-
serving my country,
but too young to understand
what that meant in all its heavy.
I had to ring at least ten, eleven numbers
just to try to find your voice.
Sequence for proper phone function
differed in each country
and I never could keep them straight
Pockets stuffed with random calling cards
bearing information I could not translate
The time between pressing over others’ dirty fingerprints
and some sort of ringing connection
was always just long enough to make me
almost give up hope.