A photograph or painting will be posted each weekday to inspire your creativity. Each day has a suggested format. Please take a moment to share your creative writing or thoughts about the photograph or painting. Remember to visit our sharing photographers. Inspiration is all around us through words, thoughts and images. Just take a look :) Thank you!


©All Rights Reserved to the Individual Contributors to this blog. Please contact Kelly with any questions.

May 24, 2010

Mondays Meme: Featured Post Winner

bel, you're memories remind me of my own :)

The upstairs closet at my grandmother's house smelled like face powder and mothballs. There was nothing in there I wasn't allowed to play with, old hats and purses, costume jewelry, even the face powder I could smell and a bright red lipstick, which I'm sure she ended up wishing hadn't been in the closet but never said anything to me.

4 comments:

Dani said...

My nephew loves to make jewelry. He got a whole kit for it and then my sister did too. The last time we all got together, we sat and made jewelry together. It's a great way to use your creativity to make a gift for someone or for yourself, and also spend some great time with people you love. I'm looking forward to another session of jewelry-making with my family the next time we gather.

morganna said...

Looking in Mom's Jewelry Box
Old lockets and charms,
Extravagant costume pieces
She tells me each story
I can almost see my relatives
Smiling at me, wearing their jewelry.

bel said...

The upstairs closet at my grandmother's house smelled like face powder and mothballs. There was nothing in there I wasn't allowed to play with, old hats and purses, costume jewelry, even the face powder I could smell and a bright red lipstick, which I'm sure she ended up wishing hadn't been in the closet but never said anything to me.

septembermom said...

Jewelry box searching was a favorite of activity for me and my sister. A rainy afternoon often gave us the perfect opportunity to crawl onto our mom's bed and open up that rosy jewelry box. I remember how one time my sister and I played tug of war with one of Mom's longer necklaces. I don't remember what started that "competition", but I do remember falling backward as the necklace snapped in two. I also remember that Mom was not happy.