A photograph or painting will be posted each weekday to inspire your creativity. Each day has a suggested format. Please take a moment to share your creative writing or thoughts about the photograph or painting. Remember to visit our sharing photographers. Inspiration is all around us through words, thoughts and images. Just take a look :) Thank you!


©All Rights Reserved to the Individual Contributors to this blog. Please contact Kelly with any questions.

June 8, 2010

Tuesdays Tale

Congratulations Whitney on your winning contribution! It was very hard to choose a winner this time - great writing everyone! I encourage everyone to take a look at the other contributer's entries this week!

I have never been one to shell out hard-earned cash for a shoe or a shirt or anything without putting it to work the minute I walk in the door. I more-than-frequently don shiny, saturated-hue stilettos around my house with ratty pajama pants and t-shirts - just to get a "feel" for them, to enjoy the noise they make as I traipse from my couch to the fridge and back. Or lay in bed with a brand-new bright-orange party dress, barefoot and alone with a paperback book - so long as I don't inadvertently wrinkle the fabric too much. I have a feeling I will never be one of those hostesses with flawless china stashed away just for "special occasions" or an old lady with antique jewelry that has silently tarnished, left alone for years in some velvet-lined drawer. I have lots of "nice things" that don't seem to last long without a few bumps and bruises - a casualty of my tendency to engage in a passionate and intense love affair with the little things I choose to invite into my life. But I'm okay with the bumps and bruises. I like everything around me to be well-loved. And most of the time, my life feels like a perpetual, exhilarating game of dress-up.




See more of Michelle's photos

No comments: