A photograph or painting will be posted each weekday to inspire your creativity. Each day has a suggested format. Please take a moment to share your creative writing or thoughts about the photograph or painting. Remember to visit our sharing photographers. Inspiration is all around us through words, thoughts and images. Just take a look :) Thank you!


©All Rights Reserved to the Individual Contributors to this blog. Please contact Kelly with any questions.

December 6, 2009

Mondays Meme: Featured Post Winner

Congrats to Sarah for sharing her winning memories with us.

It was my sisters...just hers..no one else could use it or touch it...not for years did anyone else snap shots with that fun toy..only her.  When she bought her Nikon..it was thrown aside and into my waiting young hands..oh the fun I had with that camera. If it stood still I snapped pics of it. So very much fun to watch the pictures change before your eyes..back then it was magic! Wonderful memories.



Visit iLikeToWrite to read about this photo and to see more of his photography.

5 comments:

morganna said...

My grandmother gave me the camera. It took special film that just popped in, and then the door was closed. No careful stretching and winding of the fragile film, so it was very easy for a child to use.

Still, I didn't use it much until I went to Germany for a month in high school with a group of my classmates. I remember going to buy film with my mother, so excited and grown-up, yet nervous and childish at the same time.

In Germany, the camera fit in my jacket pocket and I took it everywhere. Most of my memories, especially of the special places we visited, are accompanied by a click and a whir and the feel of the little tab that wound the film. I still have the pictures.

septembermom said...

My family has never been known for being ready to take just the right picture. More often than not, you could hear my mother say, "Where did we put that camera?" Those picture perfect moments came and went throughout most of my childhood years. There was a time when I do remember how excited we were when mom did use our fancy Polaroid camera to catch my father's prat fall into the lake. We're glad to have that picture to remember all our laughs.

Chef E said...

Mom talked my dad into buying her one, and she loved that snap, click, and there it came out, then the wait as we watched the colors take form on the piece of plastic of what became synonymous with a photograph icon we see sometimes today...

It reminds me of putting your thumbs in your ears, sticking out your tongue and saying nah nah nah; that is if the camera was animated!

Ha I love your sites, I am not the only 'over two blog' personality on the computer!

Sarah Sullivan said...

It was my sisters...just hers..no one else could use it or touch it..not for years did anyone else snap shots with that fun toy..only her.
When she bought her Nikon..it was thrown aside and into my waiting young hands..oh the fun I had with that camera. If it stood still I snapped pics of it. So very much fun to watch the pictures change before your eyes..back then it was magic! Wonderful memories.

Janie said...

I sat across the room, my eyes directly on the camera as it sat on the coffee table. Around me were family busy with talking and catching up on things that had happened since they had last gathered. I could not wait for the moment when finally someone would pick it up and take a picture.

I often wondered how the magic worked. With a click and a flash a small square would exit out the front. It did not excite the others as much as it did me I guess as I was the one who would be there from the moment it was laid on the table til it happened. Slowly the colors would emerge, faint at first, not clear as to what it was. Yet as time passed the image would come into sight and at last the picture.

No matter how old I became, this process still entrigued me. A unique one of a kind photo that could only be taken from the polaroid.