A photograph or painting will be posted each weekday to inspire your creativity. Each day has a suggested format. Please take a moment to share your creative writing or thoughts about the photograph or painting. Remember to visit our sharing photographers. Inspiration is all around us through words, thoughts and images. Just take a look :) Thank you!


©All Rights Reserved to the Individual Contributors to this blog. Please contact Kelly with any questions.

March 15, 2010

Mondays Meme: Featured Post Winner

Congratulations to bel for her winning contribution:

The first school supply list we got after we moved from Ohio to New Hampshire listed "pencil crayons." We were confused by that. What were pencil crayons? I think we decided they must be the crayons with the sharpener on the back but discovered at the store that "pencil crayons" was just a cute name for colored pencils. But then imagine our reaction when someone asked us where the "bubbler" was!


Visit my friend, Scriptor Senex, for an arrangement of wonderful inspiration :)

6 comments:

christine said...

I see coloured pencils and wonder why I wasn't born with the gifts required to enable me to create beautiful artwork with them!

In my time I have knitted pictures across jumpers and cardigans, wearable works of art. I've sewn them on to fabrics, such as duvet covers or my daughter's dresses when she was small.

But drawing - well, that's just beyond me!

Dani said...

I remember sitting in that art class and getting smudges of black all over my fingers as I tried to depict accurately the still-life before me. The guy had strange ideas for art. There were displays of old shoes, pieces of metal, wooden crates, glass jars, and drapes of fabric to draw. But I'll never forget the day my classmates and I walked into the room to behold baby dolls hanging from strings inside the crates waiting for us to draw. Eeetsh! I think he was trying to get us to practice drawing human faces and forms, but seriously it was creepy. That day in class was a bit longer than others seemed to be. The only other day that seemed longer was during the week we each took turns acting as the subject for everyone else to draw. The day it was my turn was the longest class I have ever sat through. Nothing is more boring but a little humiliating at the same time then sitting in the middle of a circle of artists as they each look at me with their creative eyes for two hours. Now that was a long class.

septembermom said...

I can only remember my cousin visiting maybe two or three times when I was a girl. On one of those visits, she sat next to me on our front stoop and handed me a sketch book and colored pencils. She said with a sparkle in her voice, "Have fun." The stoop became my favorite place to draw.

bel said...

The first school supply list we got after we moved from Ohio to New Hampshire listed "pencil crayons." We were confused by that. What were pencil crayons? I think we decided they must be the crayons with the sharpener on the back but discovered at the store that "pencil crayons" was just a cute name for colored pencils. But then imagine our reaction when someone asked us where the "bubbler" was!

Chef E said...

I still have a drawer full of these pencils next to me, so when I get the urge to scribble, or seriously doodle for my own pleasure. Now and then they end up mixed into a painting, a mixed media piece I might produce to hang in my gallery.

I love this photo and never thought of it as a photo medium, brilliant Scriptor!

Unknown said...

Bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils, it begins. It ends with me crying, remembering the joy my mom had in owning her own little shop. Oh mom, what an artist you are.