A photograph or painting will be posted each weekday to inspire your creativity. Each day has a suggested format. Please take a moment to share your creative writing or thoughts about the photograph or painting. Remember to visit our sharing photographers. Inspiration is all around us through words, thoughts and images. Just take a look :) Thank you!


©All Rights Reserved to the Individual Contributors to this blog. Please contact Kelly with any questions.

March 28, 2011

Congrats to Don, Susan, Judy, the wild magnolia, and Kim!!

Here are the winners for the week of March 14th. Thanks to everyone for their wonderful contributions! (I promise that I'll catch up with my winning announcement posts :)

Congrats to Don for winning Mondays Free Write on March 14th:

Strolling through the park, I again looked up at the statue and smiled. There will never be a monument in a park for me, but I never wanted one. I sat down on a bench and composed a poem.

Sitting on a Bench at the feet of Greatness?

I've walked the path marked out for me for well nigh 40 years.

I've seen joys and I've seen sorrows.
I've held babies and I've held my breath.

Passers by don't look up to me,
but my kids do.
My name is not famous in the town,
but my students and colleagues love me.

I've not been instrumental in local history,
but I've been instrumental in a few lives.

I didn't die on a battlefield of glory,
no, I've lived in the trenches of life.

And one of my rewards is this...
I sit on a bench composing verse
until...
I stand and continue on...
walking the path marked out for me.

Congrats to Susan for winning Tuesdays Tunes on March 15th:

Album title -The Ripple Effect
Title Song -Barely Floating

Congrats to Judy for winning Wednesdays Ten on March 16th:

Free beneath the velvet sky, the leaf embraces the earth.

Congrats to the wild magnolia for winning Thursdays Haiku on March 17th:

Every now
and again
the old one's
roaming the
green fields
call my name

Congrats to Kim for winning Fridays Poetry on March 18th:

Quietly and centered he found himself at the lake at dusk.
Looking for any remnant of what he'd lost.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you so much!!!

the wild magnolia said...

It is a honor, and my pleasure, to participate in "Write With Pictures".

Thank you!

the wild magnolia